Inside HaGafen Cellars
Hagafen Cellars is located in the Napa Valley, in the heart of California's premier wine grape region, less than a mile south of the famed Stags Leap District and twenty yards from the Oak Knoll District, Napa's newest and most exciting American viticultural areas. Owned and operated by Irit and Ernie Weir, the winery was founded in 1979, and the first commercially released vintage was harvested in 1980. In the ensuing years, Hagafen has grown from a small partnership, to a well-established wine company whose wines are distributed throughout North America and overseas. Since 1980 Hagafen wines have been served on numerous occasions at the White House to visiting foreign dignitaries.
Located in the heart of wine country, The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa is an award-winning hotel with beautifully appointed furnishings and surroundings. Not only is it a AAA Four Star Diamond Hotel 13 years in a row, it also boasts a Michelin Award Winning restaurant, Santé and is home to one of the Top 100 Spa Destinations Worldwide.
Your package Redemption Certificate will be emailed to initiate the booking process. Please allow 15 business days after your event to receive your certificate. Reservations must be booked 60 days before travel, and property inventory is subject to availability. Reservations must be booked within 12 months, and travel must be completed within 24 months of notification. Once confirmed, all reservations are final. Packages may not be transferred or resold. All certificates should be handled with care as they are the same as cash and nonrefundable. Blackout dates are the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.Fairmont (Ovation Rewards)
1. Ovation Rewards do not expire.
2. Ovation Rewards must be purchased as part of a legitimate incentive, motivation, recognition or sales promotion program.
3. Ovation Rewards may not be used for group programs or catering functions.
4. Guests must present and submit their Ovation Rewards Certificate upon check-in.
5. Ovation Rewards are not replaceable if lost, stolen or destroyed.
6. Ovation Rewards may not be valid where restricted by law.
7. Ovation Rewards are not redeemable for cash and are void if sold for cash or other consideration.
8. Any tax liability, including disclosure, connected with receipt or use of Ovation Rewards is the recipient's responsibility.
9. Guest must provide the Ovation Rewards certificate number when booking their reward stay. Hotel policy further requires that the guest must guarantee reservations with a credit card for incidentals.
10. Ovation Rewards are valid for one night stay in indicated room type, applicable room taxes, full breakfast for two in the hotel's all day dining restaurant, and related taxes and gratuities only (excludes buffets and alcohol).
11. Ovation Rewards are redeemable based upon last room availability in the room category purchased (some exceptions may apply). Some restrictions may apply to special event dates. Minimum night stays may be required.
12. Ovation Rewards cannot be used to pay for any incidentals, such as parking, service charges, other taxes or other expenses.
13. Participating hotels are subject to change without notice, for the most current hotel collection listing please visit: www.ovationrewards.com/collections/
14. Length of stay restrictions may apply.Airfare
Travel is available from any of the 48 contiguous United States to the destination listed. Miles cannot be utilized to upgrade these coach class certificates to a higher level of service. Airfare taxes are the responsibility of the purchaser. Any airport departure taxes, fees or fuel surcharges (if charged) are the responsibility of the purchaser.